Either you practice yoga standing or seating, we recommend to use a mat to improve the stability & grip. More equipment is recommended, but there are always way to work around them if for any reason you cannot acquire them. The items listed below are examples, you don't have to purchase those specific items at all.
- Yoga Mat: they come in all colors, sizes, thickness, material. Their prices can vary from $10 to a few hundred $. Below are a few recommendations, but feel free to shop around and get something that suits your practice (consider the size based on your height, the thickness based on the level of padding/comfort you would like).
- Yoga Blocks / an alternative can be a pile of books. You want something large enough to rest your hand or foot on it, something rigid enough to support some weight, and something where you can adjust the height.
- Yoga Strap / an alternative can be a towel, or a belt.
- Chair / any chair will do, however we recommend using one without arms.
- Blanket(s) / it can be useful to rest/lean on and use them as support or cushioning in certain poses... any blanket can do.
We also recommend to get a notepad & pen to write down notes while you watch the lectures, and work on some assignments.
Disclaimer: we did NOT try all of these items, we are not responsible for the quality. Make sure to read reviews and do your own research. Thank you.
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
- Accessible Yoga by Jivana Heyman
Recommended & Reference books
The followings are simply recommendations if you want to deepen your knowledge on specific topics. The materials listed here won't be used during the training so there is no pressure to purchase anything.
- Anatomy Trains by Thomas Meyers
- MetaAnatomy by Kristin Leal
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I by Ray Long
- The Key Poses of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume II by Ray Long
- Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel
- Meditations on Intention and Being by Rolf Gates
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by B. K. S. Iyengar
- The Four Reminders by Dennis Hunter
- The Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Yoga Tradition by Georg Feuerstein
- You Are Buddha by Dennis Hunter
Self-Development / Personal Growth
- Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Judgment Detox by Gabrielle Bernstein
- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
- Skill in Action by Michelle Cassanda Johnson
- The Biology of Belief by Bruce H. Lipton
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- A Queer Dharma: Yoga and Meditations for Liberation by Jacoby Ballard
- It Didn't Start with You by Mark Wolynn
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
Disclaimer: links included in this post might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product with the links that we provide we may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you.